Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Wolf And The Lamb

TITLE : THE WOLF AND THE LAMB

ISBN : 978-086-227-273-9

AUTHOR : DE LA FONTAINE

PUBLISHER : GREANDREAMS

NO. OF PAGES : 32

YEAR OF PUBLISH : 1970

TYPE OF BOOK : FICTION

LANGUAGE : ENGLISH

SYNOPSIS :
A Wolf was drinking at the head of a river when he saw a Lamb at a small distance downstream. Having decided to eat her, he needed to cause a quarrel.

"How dare you spoil my water?" he demanded.

"How can I spoil the water, since it goes from you to me, nor me to you?" asked the Lamb.

"Never mind that," said the Wolf, "a year ago you called me many bad names!"

"A year ago I was not even born yet!" said the trembling Lamb.

"Well," replied the Wolf, "if it wasn't you, it was your father. It's no use trying to talk me out of my supper;" and he grabbed upon the helpless Lamb and ate her.


MORAL :
The tyrant always finds and excuse to injure the innocent

GLOSSARY :

1- downstream - situated or moving in the direction in which a stream or river flows

2- quarrel - an angry argument or disagreement

3- demanded - pressing requirements

4- spoil - become unfit for eating

5- trembling - shake involuntarily





0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Buku Ally Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon